康乃爾校友分享

各位親愛的畢業生、家長、老師,大家好。
Dear graduates, parents, and teachers, good morning.
今天,我們齊聚一堂,見證你們人生中一個重要的里程碑。
Today, we gather here to witness an important milestone in your lives.
回想這些年,你們從懵懵懂懂一路成長為勇敢、自信、有想法的學子。
You’ve grown from curious young learners into brave, confident, and thoughtful individuals.
這一路上,有挑戰,也有笑聲;有迷惘,也有突破。
There were challenges and laughter, doubts and breakthroughs.
每一個瞬間,都刻畫成了你們今天的模樣。
Every moment has shaped who you are today.
康乃爾國際學校很榮幸,能陪伴你們一同走過這段旅程。
At Cornel International School, we are honored to have walked this journey with you.
今天,能站在這裡,我感到無比的榮幸和感動,因為我自己也是康乃爾的畢業生。
It’s especially meaningful for me to stand here today, because I, too, am a proud Cornel graduate.
在康乃爾的日子,塑造了我成為今天的自己。
My time at Cornel shaped who I am today.
康乃爾教會了我,不只是知識的累積,更是思考的能力;
Cornel taught me not just to gain knowledge, but to think critically.
不只是追求分數,更是追尋夢想的勇氣。
Not just to chase grades, but to chase dreams.
我一直記得,英文是我在學生時期最大的強項,也是我最穩定的自信來源。
I’ve always remembered that English was my strongest subject in school — and my greatest source of confidence.
在台灣的教育體系裡,孩子要樣樣都會,每科都得顧。
In Taiwan’s education system, students are expected to be good at everything — every subject, every test.
因為康乃爾打下的英文底子,我能更有效率地準備其他學科,讓我可以把時間放在其他需要努力的科目上。
Thanks to the strong foundation in English I received at Cornel, I was able to put in more energy on other subjects that required extra effort.
除了語言能力,康乃爾也讓我學會了如何面對困難、進行團隊合作、冷靜分析與解決問題。
More than just language skills, Cornel gave me tools to face challenges, work with others, think calmly, and solve problems.
我印象最深的一次經歷,五專時期我被老師選為班代表參加英語的辯論比賽。
One moment I’ll never forget was when, in my first year of 5-year-program, I was chosen to represent my school in an all-English debate competition.
當時我內心極度害怕,因為其他學校的對手幾乎都來自名校、英文非常流利。
I was terrified — the competitors from other schools were fluent, polished, and many came from elite programs.
但我告訴自己,我不是靠背單字長大的,我是靠用英文思考成長起來的。
But I reminded myself: I didn’t grow up just memorizing vocabulary — I grew up learning to think in English.
我把康乃爾教我的方法帶進了那場比賽:條理清晰、有邏輯、有禮貌地反駁觀點,最後我們那一組竟然獲得了佳作。
I used everything Cornel had taught me: structure, logic, respectful rebuttal — and to my surprise, our team won an award for excellence.
那一刻我真正相信了——語言不是考試的工具,它是影響世界的力量。
At that moment, I truly believed: English isn’t just for exams — it’s a tool for shaping the world.
我想分享一個對我人生影響深遠的故事。
Let me share a story that deeply shaped my life.
大學三年級時,我認識了一位阿姨。她的女兒國中英文總是吊車尾,ABCs 都寫不出來。
During my junior year in college, I met a woman whose daughter was struggling terribly with English—she couldn’t even write the alphabet.
當阿姨知道我主修英語教育,就問我能不能幫她女兒補習。
She asked if I could tutor her daughter, knowing I majored in English education.
第一堂課,我們從 ABC 開始,自然發音、單字、句型慢慢建立起來。
From that very first lesson, we started with ABCs, phonics, and simple words.
就在那個時候,我腦海中浮現了我在康乃爾的畫面——那位總是用英語和我們談論世界、講解科學的外師。
In those moments, memories of my Cornel days came rushing back—of a foreign teacher guiding us through science, literature, and life, all in English.
那位學生,從一個連英文名字都拼不出來的孩子,最後在國中會考英文拿到滿分。
That girl, who once couldn’t spell her own name, scored a perfect grade in her high school entrance English exam.
那一刻,我知道——我想當一名老師。
I knew deeply—I wanted to be a teacher.
退伍後,我嘗試了很多業務類的工作,但我心裡知道那不是我要的生活。
After military service, I tried working in sales, but deep down I knew it wasn’t for me.
我開始在104上投履歷,重新撰寫我的求職信。我心裡只有一個目標:康乃爾。
I rewrote my resume and applied on job platforms. My only goal: to return to Cornel.
我每天投、每天改,但南門分校一直沒有回音。
I applied daily, but NanMen Campus never replied.
我不死心,也投了上安校區。即使我家就在南區,我也願意繞遠路。只要能進康乃爾。
Even though I lived in the South District, I was willing to commute anywhere—just to be part of Cornel again.
終於,上安校回覆我了。那一天,我終於踏上了我夢想的旅程。
Finally, I got a response from the ShangAn Campus—and that was the beginning of my dream.
這些年,有歡笑、有眼淚、有迷惘、有突破。
Over the years, there’s been laughter and tears, setbacks and breakthroughs.
如今,我站在這裡,擔任康乃爾南門分校的主任。
And now, I stand here as the Chinese Director of the NanMen Campus.
看著你們的畢業,我只想說一句:
Watching you graduate today, one quote comes to mind:
未經寒徹骨,焉得梅花撲鼻香。
Without enduring the bitter cold, how can one enjoy the fragrance of plum blossoms?
親愛的畢業生,請不要忘記:
Dear graduates, please never forget:
你們比自己想像的更堅強,
You are stronger than you think.
你們比自己相信的更勇敢,
You are braver than you believe.
你們擁有改變世界的力量。
And you have the power to change the world.
未來的路可能不總是平坦,但你們已經準備好了。
The road ahead may not always be easy, but you are ready.
無論你們走到哪裡,
我都希望你們帶著康乃爾的精神前行——
真心去愛、在困難中保持耐心、始終真誠、堅守信念、凡事用心。
Wherever life takes you, I hope you carry the spirit of Cornel with you —
To love deeply, be patient in hard times, stay sincere, hold on to your faith, and do everything with care.
今天不是一個結束,而是一個全新的開始。
Today is not the end — it’s a new beginning.

請帶著感恩與夢想,大步向前走。
Move forward with gratitude and dreams in your heart.
我祝福你們找到屬於自己的光芒,照亮自己,也照亮世界。
May you find your own light — one that shines on yourself and the world around you.
感謝康乃爾,感謝陳校長,
也感謝所有曾經在你們生命中播下種子的老師們。
Thank you, Cornel. Thank you, Principal Bih-Hua.
And thank you to every teacher who planted seeds in your lives.
讓我們一起帶著感恩與信念,迎向更燦爛的未來。
Let us move forward with gratitude and confidence, toward a brilliant future.
Congratulations, Class of 2024!
畢業快樂!

 

-康乃爾國際學校南門分校小學部主任

Daniel Chan